Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Welcome to my new blog!

Welcome!  Thanks for stopping by to check out my new Speech-Language Blog.  The posts here will be aimed at furthering communication and knowledge between parents, students and teachers.

I have plans to share information regarding typical speech-language development, delays, home practice activities and suggestions for enriching communication.  I also have hopes to get to know you and your needs better, as well as you getting the chance to learn more about me.

So let me share a little background about myself...

My name is Michele Wolaver and I work as a speech-language pathologist at Walker Elementary School within the West Allis-West Milwaukee School District.  I have worked at this school district for approximately 8 years and have previous experience working in medical clinics servicing populations from birth through adolescence.

My husband and I have two boys, age 2 and 6.  As a family, some of the activities we enjoy include hiking, cooking and reading together.  We hope to take our first week long camping trip together, as a family of four, this summer.

But summer seems a bit far away right now.  At this moment I will enjoy the snow falling outside my window, with thoughts of lots of winter fun and learning ahead!


How do you enjoy the wintery Wisconsin months?



No comments:

Post a Comment